We officially started in July of 2013 when John Sparks, Maggie Bassett and Robert Bassett, decided to create a company that was different than what we had experienced in the self-publishing industry. John, having published his books through Outskirts Press, was not happy with the canned responses, being passed from one project manager to another and a very long book production process. Amelia, on the other hand had different set of grievances against Xilibris, where she had published more than one book: high cost, difficult customer service and confusing way they did business. So looking at the complaints we heard our clients and business partners voice against big self-publishing companies, we felt we can use those common complaints as the guide to light up our path on how we could differ as a self publishing service provider. Some of the reasons we are different:
1. Quick publishing process: 8 weeks or less
2. One project manager for each client: from start to finish
3. Being personable: no canned responses/emails
4. Reasonable prices
5. Giving authors an option to take over the reigns of their marketing: by coaching them on how to do this on their own. Authors love control over their creative work, so they should be allowed to make a decision to outsource 100% of their book marketing to a company like ours, do it 100% on their own or any other ratio of outsourcing in between.
6. Diverse book marketing options: from bookmarks, author websites to book signing event scheduling
Now we have grown into a small group of writers, editors, illustrators and marketers, who have banded together to help authors fulfill their dream of making their book come alive and reach the hearts of their fans.