The CaryPress Grant is a new award for elementary or middle-grade fiction authors.
The winner of the Grant will receive $3,000 cash.
- You may not have works published, or under contract, with a traditional publishing house.
- Each member may submit only one manuscript to the Grant each year.
- Applicants should submit a completed novel for elementary, middle grade, or young adult readers, in the fiction genre. The fiction umbrella covers high fantasy as well as sci-fi, magical realism, fabulism, folklore, horror, alternate history, and other related categories.
PLEASE FOLLOW THE BELOW INSTRUCTIONS COMPLETELY.
- Please submit your application via email ONLY. Please include all info as ONE PDF ATTACHMENT. We will NOT accept a word document.
- Your PDF attachment must include:
- a cover page that contains your name, manuscript title, and a double-spaced synopsis, max 250 words;
- the first 10 pages (US letter size) of your completed manuscript with page numbers in the bottom corner. You must have a complete draft to submit. Please include your name (First_Last) in the upper corner of your 10 pages.
- Your manuscript sample must be double-spaced and cannot exceed 10 pages. We do not need a separate title page. Your cover page doubles as a title page. Please use 12-point, Times New Roman or Arial font.
- Please label your PDF as First Name_Last Name (e.g., Mary_Ford). (Your submission should total 11 pages: cover page + 10 manuscript pages.)
- Email your completed application to email@example.com.