You would think that a pair of eyes would be sufficient to get your book publish-ready, right? Wish we could say, yes, but a lot of labor of love is needed before you can set your book free to carry your message to the world.
Using our experience as a guide, we have found that what works best for majority of authors is something similar to the following:
1. Self-edit, at least one time.
2. Send to a group of beta readers, at least four people.
3. Update, using beta group’s input.
4. Send manuscript to an editor.
5. Update, and then send to a proof-reader.